3 Deryn Court
Wharfedale Road
CF23 7HA

How do you claim tax relief for expenses of employment?

What are allowable expenses is not a simple question to answer.They may include professional subscriptions, flat rate expenses for work equipment and specialist clothing or mileage allowance relief for business travel.

If these are more than £2,500 in a tax year then a Self Assessment tax return needs to be completed.

If the allowable expenses are less than £2,500 tax relief can be claimed on a form P87 which has to be fully completed and sent to the HMRC office detailed at the bottom of the form.

Form P87 can be found at:


Back to FAQ Page
  • Welsh Government COVID 19 Economic Resilience FundFriday, June 12, 2020View Article
  • COVID 19 Support for the self employed - Second grantMonday, June 8, 2020View Article
  • COVID 19 Job Retention Scheme changesMonday, June 8, 2020View Article
  • 2019 UK Tax ReturnsWednesday, April 1, 2020View Article
  • COVID 19 Support for Welsh BusinessesWednesday, April 1, 2020View Article


By using this site, you accept its use of cookies | Tell me more | I understand & accept, don't display this message again